Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Travel Agent Is The Best

I was informed via email that a certain nameless travel agent of mine reads my blog. I didn't realize that when she was one of the defendants named in my indictment in my previous blog.  But I must say, she is a MASTER in the TRAVEL industry.

So, in order to restore my relationship with my travel agent (very important when one has an emergency) and to put the kibosh on the threat of her putting me on the "involved in terrorist activities" list and  "ordering a special Muslim meal" for me on my next flight, I have decided to extol the virtues of my unnamed travel agent and all travel agents in the world.

My special agent, who is travel agent to the stars (and those of us who ride on their coattails) has a thankless job.  Finicky travelers with special needs (and I don't mean physical handicaps, but some do have mental handicaps) call her and ask for incredibly impossible requests. She answers those requests with amazing aplomb and urgency. She does it with a smile in her voice and never, ever a snarky, sarcastic comment. I repeat, NEVER, EVER A SNARKY, SARCASTIC COMMENT.

So for her and all the unthanked and sometimes thoughtlessly blamed travel agents across the world, I say thank you. Thank you for all you do.

And what the hell do Muslims eat?

What would Betty say?  "I took snacks in my purse when Charles and I flew to Hawaii". (pronounced Ha-wha-ya)

No comments:

Post a Comment