Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Good Haircut on A Bad Head of Hair is Still A Bad Hair Cut

I forgot to mention that today not only did I work in the yard (see post below), but I also gave myself a haircut. You all know that I am " follicly challenged".   As noted in an earlier post, I am grateful for the trend for bald persons to shear their hair close to their heads.

I have always been embarrassed to get my haircut.  I walk into the "Supercuts".  Hopefully, I have missed the Friday "I'm going out tonight and I need my fade trimmed" rush. I walk up to the counter and the receptionist asks if I want a shampoo and I always say "no".  I then take off my ballcap and I say to her/him, " Don't you think my haircut should be half the price?"  THEY NEVER LAUGH.  I set in the chair.  Awkward small talk with the hairstylist occurs. They ask how I want my hair cut.  Really?  You need to ask?  I say use the number 5 clipper all over and clean and blocked in the back. It takes approximately 2 minutes to get the clippers and peel my onion. I leave a 2 dollar tip and pay $18 for the haircut. And then I always put my ball cap on and leave.

It's been about 3 months since I have had a haircut.  My hair (what there is) grows slowly. But I was looking like a crazy person kind of like the love child of Don Knotts and Christopher Lloyd in "Back to the Future".  So, I decided today "why go to Supercuts when you can go to Walmarts and buy some clippers and do it yourself?" And that's what I did. I payed  $24 for a clipper set with multiple length clippers. And I did it.  I cut my own hair.   And it looks good.  Well, it looks okay.  As good as it can.

And Betty would say: "I don't know know why you are so bald...your brother has beautiful hair."

No comments:

Post a Comment