Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's the End of the World As We Know It

Rumor has it that the world is going to end on Saturday, May 21, 2011.  They say it has something to do with Noah and the floods and 7000 years and 7 days.....or something like that.

When I first heard about the world ending I thought for sure it had something to do with Lindsey Lohan. She's trouble. Or the fact that Charlie Sheen has millions of followers on Twitter just because he's a raving lunatic drug addict.  Or that Donald Trump embeds racist thoughts about our President just because he's a publicity whore and a narcissistic twit and somehow was on top of the polls for Republican Candidates for President.  Or that some Frenchie rich guy raped a poor defenseless African immigrant with HIV.  Or that the Arnold has a "love child" and allegedly had "relations" with an under-aged girl. Or that that James guy got kicked off of American Idol. Not to mention Pia!!!

But no, once again, Google proved me wrong again.  Accurate information is a terrible thing. 

What would Betty say about the world coming to an end?  "Wear clean underwear and put on your nice clothes."  And then she would go on and on about how her dryer makes all of clothes too wrinkled.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin!

    Just let me say that you are one funny guy. Your blog makes me smile.

    Also, I am in love with Betty!

    Can't wait to see you in June!

    Love ya~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo good to see your voice again.
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the rapture. You know, I was temping at a law office the day I first heard about the alleged rapture. The paralegal was this older woman who could have been Lily Tomlin's soul sister. When the paralegal from the firm across the hall came in and told her about the rapture, she laughed and said,

    "Well, why are you going to Weight Watchers today? Shoot, I'd eat whatever I wanted to if it was the RAPTURE. In fact, why'd you bother coming into work on time? I'd be late wherever I went and if someone said anything to me, I'd just say, 'Well, the rapture's comin', why do you care?"

    Then she spotted a total stranger coming off the elevator.

    "Hey!" she says, opening the door and poking her head out, "D'you hear about the rapture?"

    Oh my god. She was delightful.

    ReplyDelete