Saturday, May 28, 2011

Going Viral

Well, well, well... it seems that Betty's Son has some impatient readers. A couple of days away and some of you get a little testy. I apologize to you for my tardiness, but I do have a couple of good excuses.

There have been a couple of viruses floating around Betty's house since last we visited.  One that infiltrates a computer and one that invades your body and makes you regret that the rapture didn't occur.

As to the computer... I need a new one. But then again,  I also need a new career, a new car and a new John Varvatos midnight blue suit, and none of those things are gonna happen anytime soon.  In the meantime, my extremely tech-savvy nephew made a benevolent house call and helped me revive the old girl so that I can continue to share these witty musings with you.  Like me, the old girl is tired and has seen better days and needs a healthy dose of botox. But, also like me, she is trying her best to keep up with all the younger, hipper computers.  She's giving it her best shot.

As far as the vile invasion of the body snatcher.... Do you remember the first time you drank tequila shots and you thought that it would be okay to drink 14 of them? And then you thought it would be okay to walk around campus at night and you were almost thrown in jail?  And then you threw up for 2 days and were in bed for 4 days?  Do you remember that? Oh, you don't? Was I the only one that did that? Oh, how awkward.  Well, anyway, this virus that I contracted wasn't quite that bad, but for about 8 hours it took me back to those days in Lubbock, Texas at some hideous country and western bar where tequila shots were 50 cents and George Strait blared on the jukebox. (Yes, a jukebox.  For you young readers - google it) But this time I did not suffer from the "cocktail flu".  Some random vicious bug got to me and put me down for 2 days.
And what's really crappy (no pun intended),  is that I didn't have a lick of fun before hand. That's kind of the story of my life right now.

So dear readers, I'm back.  Betty's Son continues to speak. And he toasts you all with... well, toast and Sprite!!

Betty's reaction?  "I knew you drank, you weren't fooling anybody!" And then she would tell me how many violent bowel movements she had that day.

1 comment:

  1. Tequila shots were once 50 cents? Quick, someone build me a time machine, asap!

    ReplyDelete