Monday, January 2, 2012

2011: It Rhymes With Kevin

Today marks the first anniversary of one of the most traumatic events of my life.

One year ago today I went through an ordeal that is still difficult for me to speak of. I won't go into details, but it involved a town called Pecos, a bucktoothed toothless man (visualize), a club footed mechanic and 17 degree weather. That is all I will say.

In related news, tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my return to Texas. Whew! As I look back through my date book, it's been a whirlwind year. The adoption of my 79 year old daughter and the fostering of this stupid brain damaged cat. I also turned an age that we dare not speak its name. I took 3 trips: One to Santa Fe to be with my bestie, Suzy Graham;  to Virginia and Kentucky to judge their respective Miss America pageants. There were 3 weddings and almost a funeral, 9 castings, 2 workshops and I directed some great kids in a great production of "Guys and Dolls". I had 22 people for Christmas dinner and 5 New Year's resolutions.

I look back on 2011 as a transition year. But to what?  Who knows?

And yet another reason why I say that I have a really stupid life.

What would Betty say? "Did you have your big coat on in that cold weather?"

P.S.: The brain damaged cat is, dare I say, "catterwalling" right now.  (Please see previous post for New Year's resolutions)

No comments:

Post a Comment